Virtual Artists Trail Workshop: Papercraft for Families
In this workshop, Leila will share one of her many skills- papercraft, adapted for younger children and families to get creative!
You will learn an easy technique, which we will use to first make a hanging ornament. Once you’ve learned that, we will make other shapes to put on cards or sticks for creative play. I will also show you some more advanced things I have made using this technique to give you ideas and inspiration to do other projects.
You can easily do this project using materials that you already have at home. Recycling is encouraged, it is a sustainable workshop depending on materials used. If you are short on materials the most important thing is paper, scissors and glue. Here’s a full list below. If you can’t get it all, don’t panic! You can still join in and learn some useful tips.
What you will Need:
- a pen/pencil
- glue stick
- a ruler
- a glass to draw around (optional)
- any kind of paper – colourful catalogues/magasines, wrapping paper or craft paper patterned or plain
- a smaller piece of slightly stiffer paper, bit of magazine cover or thin card.
- straws (Optional)
- Optional extras: Beads, card (can be from food boxes), thin sticks or wooden/bamboo skewers,
- PREPARATION– If possible, Leila would like you to prepare (cut out) 8 pieces of 8cmx8cm paper squares and/or 8 circles 8cm diameter ( roughly). We will use these for the first practice run.
This workshop will take place on Zoom- you can download the app here, and will be sent a link once you have booked!
This workshop is recommended for accompanied children age 7 and above.
You may also like:
Become a friend
Are you getting the best value out of your trips to Sydenham Arts Events? Our memberships offer priority booking, advance information and much more!