Thanks again for supporting us.
Thank you for supporting Sydenham Arts and the Artists Trail during this last, extraordinary, year. The Virtual Artists Trail 2020 was a real success thanks to your enthusiasm, and we hope you are well and have found time to continue that creativity.
Unlike 2020 we hope that there will be a number of venues open to the public so that visitors can ‘feel’ the art and speak to the artists. We plan to use larger exhibition spaces, as we did so successfully in the atrium at Forest Hill school in 2019, and other large venues in the area.
We realise that some artists might prefer to have a purely virtual presence, so this year’s Trail will be a hybrid – a heady mix of real and virtual – and we sincerely hope that all the overseas artists who joined the virtual jamboree in 2020 will want to take part again this year.
Here’s a link to the application form for this years Artists Trail – click here.
- The trail will take place over the weekends of 11th / 12th and 18th / 19th September.
- Applications and payment must be received before July 4th 2021.
- The entry fee is £50 per artist exhibiting in their own space or £70 if you need us to find a space for you.*
- Artists who only exhibit virtually (i.e. using the website to display their art) will pay a reduced £20 entry fee.
- Students (under 18) will be charged a nominal £10 entry fee, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this is a problem.
- The entry fee for groups of artist or collectives with 5 or more artists is £150. In order to maintain fairness to individual artists, we will work with groups to understand their proposed participation/number of artists. This may result in additional entry fees to cover administrative and practical costs incurred.
* Venues/Locations will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Any Additional charges, at cost, for any venues, display boards, tables or other equipment we need to hire for you will be passed on to you the Artist (although we would always discuss this with you beforehand, and will aim to minimise the occurrence of any additional costs).
Information about the brochure
One of Sydenham Arts aims is to reduce our carbon footprint, including by economising single use materials. Therefore, this year, we will produce and distribute a more eco-friendly A3 sized Artists Trail brochure and map (folded to A5 size). This will contain your name, type of art, venue and exhibition dates. All other information will be available on the website.
Information about the website
Sydenham Arts are developing a new website which is scheduled for delivery in July. This will provide a more streamlined way for artists to add information to their artist page containing images, biography and links to their own website and / or social media. Applicants will be sent details and guidance about this in good time to set up their page. The Artists Trail team will be available to help you, if necessary.
Do please share this with friends who might want to apply.
Best wishes. Stay safe.
The Sydenham Arts Artists Trail Team
If you would like to take part next year or be on our mailing list please email us at email@example.com